(Disable Popup blocker)
Arcus ANR Aviation Headset - Driftwood
All headsets are made-to-order. Shipping Details
Need help with all the Options? Use the Headset Help (Disable Popup blocker)
- Full Android/iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 speaker & mic integration via included 3.5mm connection & cable. (Speakers ONLY for military applications)
- Hi-Fi Ported True Stereo Speakers for rich quality comms, phone calls & music.
- Stereo / Mono for use with any intercom.
- Minimal Dynamic Clamping for complete comfort over long missions.
- Weight 15oz – Lightweight, but still rugged steel construction.
- Ultra Sharp Noise Canceling Microphones. The amazing PA-7X comes standard, but try the PA-9EHN upgrade for unbelievable clarity!
- Advanced Inline Volume with Smart Comm / Aux Control. Full volume control for your environment.
- Large Soft Head Pad options keeps the top of your head happy too!
- Choice of ear seals that are soft, comfortable ear protection, keeping the seal around your ears without jamming your glasses into your head.
- Passive Noise Reduction: (NRR) 24dB (The most controversial number ever).
- Active Noise Reduction: +16dB-19dB @100Hz Cancels noise causing pilot fatigue so you still hear what you need to.
- Pilot Direct Internal Noise Cancelling System, which directs noise cancelling toward specific lower frequencies unlike any other ANR headset on the market. Embedded in the ANR technology is an Enhanced Voice Intelligibility (EVI) circuit. EVI enhances speech frequencies by 2-4 dB on all incoming radio/intercom audio. Designed to work flawlessly, even in extreme high noise and open cockpit environments! Plus the system includes the auto ON/Off Shut-off proprietary system to save crucial battery life.
- Soft Headset Bag with enough room for your headset goodies.
- Cotton Ear Seal Covers add another layer of comfort for your ears.
- Five-Year Warranty* – We will take great care of you if there's ever an issue.
- Made in USA
- Meets or exceeds all CE and FCC standards
*Warranty does not cover normal wear & tear items, that includes, but not limited to, foam mic covers, ear-seals, or head-pads.
If available, you will see specifications and product details here.
If available, you will see media videos, articles and links for this product here.
We're building a great place for you to get quick answers to your questions, from us or other customers. Help us build a user driven FAQ page here. Ask us anything, and we'll probably answer! Unless you ask us what we're wearing, then we may not... but we might... mmm. These are meant to be checklists for you, our customer. So we want to help you build your headset checklist and get great answers from us, and other people who use our products. We want you to ask what you need.
This is NOT a replacement for our customer service, only another tool. You can always call us directly or text us 24/7 on our contact page.
Well we've adjusted, changed, and nailed down what we think is the best color palette for the custom headsets that you all love. These are all subject to change and may not be exact, but they're all pretty close, and should give you a good reference page for all our color options, both solid and metallic. We'll be adding and subtracting as we go, and refine down what works the best.
Using a tape measure, measure your head about one fingertip above your eyebrows & ears where a hat would rest. Be certain that the tape measure is straight, not twisted. Alternatively, you can use piece of string to measure your head in the same way, and then measure the length of the string with a ruler. If you are not certain about size, or are between sizes, buy the larger size.
|How To Measure
||Head Size (cm)||Head Size (in)||Choice|
|54cm & down||6 5/8" & down||Child|
|60cm & up||7 3/8" & up||Adult Large|
All of our mic boom options are fantastic choices, and none of them are less functional than the others, just different in their own way. They all come with our top of the line microphones and will provide you with years of fit and function.
|Steel-Wire Boom||Half-Flex Boom||Full-Flex Boom|
|Our Steel-Wire boom is a modified version of a traditional, because you can see we have a ball-and-socket joint in the middle allowing for more dynamic movement in the boom. The old style steel wire only had an elbow joint there making it difficult to get positioned properly. Any of you military aviators know exactly what I'm talking about. Our Steel-Wire boom is a great choice to bring back the good nostalgia and not the bad.||The Half-Flex boom is a combination of new and old, combining the steel-wire base with the full-flex tip. A great solution if you are petite or a child, because rather than having to bend the boom all the way around to your mouth, you just slide the steel-wire base back on the standoff and make the boom shorter. If it's for a child, the boom grows with them. As they get bigger, they can slide the steel wire base out and make the boom longer as needed. Pretty cool. :)||Finally, the Full-Flex boom is our most popular boom choice. This is the newest boom technology and is a fully flexible steel cable system that allows full flexibility as to where you want your mic. It is a stiff coiled cable that will stop wherever you position it. It's akin to the flexible USB lights that you may have for your laptop. You put the mic where you want it, and it stays there. The difference is, ours will stand up to the most rigorous use. Others just go limp, like their quality.|
High Vibration Locking ANR Module
Our locking ANR module option is designed to keep the control box connected no matter how much it shakes, rattles, or rolls. The screw-on connector won't come loose even in an old warbird, and you can still stow it away safe and sound, where it won't be swingin' around. A must have in almost any aircraft.
When you're selecting the right headpad for your headset, it is a personal decision. Both have pros and cons, depending on your mission. So, "Choose...but choose wisely."
|The Cotton Headpad has great wicking with the 100% cotton cloth and breathable foam insert. Keeps your head cool and still pretty soft.||The Sheepskin Headpad is just as soft as it sounds. All those long hairs are able to spread out any pressure and keep your head nice and warm.|
When selecting your earseals, this is another personal preference that can only be decided by your needs. They both have their benefits, you just have to decide which one's you want.
|Our True Gel earseals have twin layers. Not only does this help with noise reduction, but it makes them even softer on your head. Very cool, and conform perfectly to you.||Leatherette earseals are the way to go, if you want soft, warm supple hide against your skin. They may lose a little in noise reduction, but the comfort is amazing.|
Most of our standard inventory ships in 1-5 business days. However, all of our headsets are hand-made and customized specifically for you. We take great care to assure that the end result is outstanding, so please allow 15-30 business days for this process and delivery. Shipping hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm CST(CDT). The preceding hours of shipping may be affected by US and Canadian holidays, so please be aware that scheduled delivery is estimated and not guaranteed on those dates or times. Delivery times are based solely on availability of each item. Please see our details on back orders for any other information regarding shipping times. All shipping times, and turnarounds, are subject to change at any time, and without notice.
Live Headset Order Feed
|System Message:||Our production level is Very High at this time. Please be patient as your order will be processed in the order it was received. Thank you.|
|Average Order Processing Time*:||
*Order Processing times are expressed in Estimated Business or Working Days, not calendar days. The processing time does not include shipping time to the shipping address. Shipping time is in addition to processing your order.